An abundance of glitter, sparkle, and all things shimmery come to mind when thinking of New Years decorations, particularly sartorially speaking. Dressing for the occasion usually implies dressing to stand out, to shine, even if it's just a little bit. But it's that overload of opulence--the oversaturation of luxe glamour in photographs and images that really gets me.
Clockwise from top left:
1. Donald Brooks mirrored dress, Richard Avedon, Vogue Oct 1976
2. Gaultier trompe l'oeil encrusted blouse, FW02
3. Tchelitchew illustration, Vogue Feb 1935
4. Margiela FW10/11
5. Movie stills of Romy Schneider from L'Enfer
6. Schiaparelli evening cape 1938