Friday, September 16, 2011

A-O-H

Google tells me that my average post per week is about 1.4. This is a super sad fact and I'm going to try to up my number. Of course I say that now and then a new episode of Real Housewives of Bev Hills is on or I want to eat a second dinner or take a nap...I know where my priorities are. No but really, I am going to spend more time on this thing.

Last week I took a trip out to Bard to visit Amy which was really sick. She has this huge house in the woods she's renting out which smells like a sleepaway camp cabin in the best sense possible and looks like it's straight out of a scene from Twin Peaks. We spent most of the weekend listening to records, overeating, and drinking cheap beers. We're so baller (fat) that we made fried oreos and M&M pancakes in one day.  

We also got vegetarian burritos at Bubby's. I was skeptical at first because the thought of a burrito without meat seems horrifying to me. But it actually ended up being so delicious that I forgot to take a photo of it like I had originally planned and thus scarfed it down in two seconds. 


 She showed me around Rhinebeck, NY, where we went into a bunch of quaint Mom & Pop shops. At a craft store called Wing & Clover I spotted these Russian nesting dolls that are a way better version of an overpriced Margiela variety.


Instead, I ended up buying these clogs at a thrift store. They completely grandma-ify me but I love them dearly.


Be back soon, mum!!!


1 comment:

Amy said...

Hello MOM. Come back sooner than soon. Summer has passed. It's cold here in my loft. Yet the creature in my roof keeps eating away...